MojoPortal CMS User Guides
To change the title of a content block, follow the steps below:
- Log in and go to the page with the content block you want to update.
- Click the wrench icon located beside the content block title.
- Click the "General Tab".
- Enter your new title into the text box for "Feature Instance Title:".
- Click "Save".
To link to a PDF of Word Document follow the steps below:
- Login and go to the page you want to place your document.
- Click the pencil icon beside the content block title.
- Highlight the words or image you want to link to the document.
- Once highlighted, click the "Insert/Edit Link" icon.
- In the "Insert/Edit Link" window, click the "Browse" icon beside the Link URL text box.
- Find the folder you want to upload to. If you do not have a folder to upload to, create a new folder by selecting the location you want your new folder on the left and then at the top left type the name of your new folder and click "Create Folder". Then make sure your folder is selected (the last opened folder if the folder selected).
- Now that your folder is selected, click the "Choose File" button in the top right and find the file you wish to upload, then click "Upload".
- Now your new file should have uploaded to the folder you selected, click the new file on the left and its path will then appear in the middle, click "Select".
- If you want your file to open in a new window, select "Open Link in New Window" in the "Target" drop down.
- Click Insert.
- Click "Update Draft", "Create Draft" or "Update" when edits are complete.
To reorganize pages in the navigation, you must have permission settings that allow you to see the button for "Page List" located on the gray admin bar at the bottom of the page. If you don't see that option, you need to contact your approver and ask them to make this change for you. If you can see it, follow the steps below:
- Click "Page List" on the gray admin bar at the bottom of the page*.
- Find the page you wish to move and click it to highlight.
- Use the arrows on the right to move the page up and down.
- Note: if you want to Alphabetize your menu, click and highlight the parent page and then click the "AZ" button on the right and that will alphabetize all of the pages under that parent page.
- *If you are a Content Administrator, instead of "Page List" you will click on "Administration" and then click on "Add/Edit Pages".
I just created a new page and it's going to the wrong page on the site (or a page that doesn't exist)
If you just created a new page and you get a message saying "We're sorry but we could not find the page you are looking for. Please try the Site Map" OR you created a new page and it's taking you to another page on the site, Please submit a ticket to our Technical Assistance Center at 800-422-5941 or online at https://connect.vc3.com/support.
NOTE: When a page URL has been changed, then the CMS creates a redirect for the old URL to go to the new URL for that page. If a new page on the site is ever created using the same URL as another page's old URL, then the CMS still wants to apply the redirect to that URL (regardless of it being a new page). VC3 will need to delete the redirect and then your page will appear as normal.
This CMS uses Roles to set permissions across the site. If you can not see "Edit This Page" or "New Page" on the gray admin bar, it is because you do not have the role permissions to add new features or create a new page. In order to create a new page or add a feature, you'll need to contact your site's approver and have them add the requested item for you.
If you should have permissions to approve content on the site and add new pages, please submit a ticket to our Technical Assistance Center at 800-422-5941 or online at https://connect.vc3.com/support.
To delete a page, you must have permission settings that allow you to see the button for "Page Settings" located on the gray admin bar at the bottom of the page. If you don't see that option, you need to contact your approver and ask them to make this change for you. After you click "Page Settings", scroll down until you see a button for "Delete".
Please be sure to never delete a page from the site unless you're sure you will no longer need this page in the future.